Sunday, October 01, 2006

About the blogger


I don’t profess to be a wine expert. I’m an everyday wine enthusiast. I like the 2 buck chuck (sometimes) and I love so many more types of wine.

I was having dinner with a friend in New York, where a waiter embarrassed her over the way she went about tasting a bottle of wine at the table that it occurred to me how uncomfortable it can be to taste a bottle of wine. My friend just wanted the waiter to pour the wine and be on his way, but in her haste to sip the wine and nod that things were fine, the waiter presumed we didn’t know much about wine and made an off the cuff remark, “next time you should keep the wine glass on the table when you swirl.” My friend didn’t go through the typical ritual of tasting wine – and the waiter supposed we were out of our league. I was annoyed. So I decided that I would share with the Internet what I know (it’s not a whole lot, but it’s enough to give you the power to feel comfortable choosing wine at a restaurant or in a grocery store when there’s a sale.) I’ll share with you my top picks – hopefully, there is a BevMo in your neighborhood – I’ll refer to it a lot.

No comments:

1sitedirectory